The Leanbean Clean Athletic Performance Scholarship
After huge interest in our inaugural 2020 scholarship, Leanbean is proud to announce our 2021 ‘Clean Athletic Performance’ scholarship essay contest.
Our unique scholarship is aimed at students with a particular interest in varsity sports and athletic competition. After many applications and a strong positive reception to our first scholarship contest in the 2019/20 academic year, we are delighted to announce that we will be running the contest again in 2020/21. The winning student will receive $1500 toward their tuition.
The Leanbean Clean Athletic Performance Scholarship will be awarded to the entrant that best expresses their thoughts on the use of performance enhancing drugs in sport (this refers to the use of both illegal and non-prescription pharmaceuticals).
The clean Athletic Performance scholarship is open to students from any university within the United States. We will accept submissions from undergraduate and graduate students as well as any incoming freshman who have recently enrolled. All entrants will be competing for one scholarship award.
To take part in Leanbean’s Clean Athletic Performance Scholarship:
- Submit a current, complete transcript of your grades showing a GPA of 3.5 or above.
- Have enrolled as a full-time student no later than the fall 2020 semester.
- Be an advocate of ‘clean sports performance’ free of any nonmedical prescription or illegal pharmaceuticals.
- Fill out a quick application form.
- Provide a cover letter as well as a resume
- Submit a photo or short video (*optional)
- Submit a well-thought-out, detailed essay of no more than 1,500 words on the following essay title: “Why prescription drugs are an unacceptable choice when it comes to improving body composition and athletic performance”
Consider these essay questions when writing your essay.
- What are the long term physiological implications/pitfalls of using illegal drugs (steroids, growth hormone etc) to improve your performance during athletic performance or sports.
- What are the ethical implications of students using prescription drugs in order to get an advantage in varsity sports?
- What are the natural techniques you employ in order to boost your own performance? (Regular training/practice? Mental exercises/meditation? Natural vitamins/supplements? Caffeine products? Other strategies?
How will we determine the winner:
The biggest single factor we will use in determining the winner is the originality and overall quality of the essay.
Whilst sporting accomplishments and skills, extracurricular activities and grades will play a role the winner will be the person who submits the most compelling written argument.
To enter, send your essay as well as the other required information listed above to the following email address [email protected]
The deadline for submissions will be no later than the 31st of March 2021.
The winner will be notified 2 weeks after the closing date of the competition and will be announced on this page.
Payment will be made directly to the winner’s school or, with prior agreement by all parties in writing, to the winner.
Details: By submitting your essay to Ultimate Life, Ltd.’s Clean Athletic Performance Scholarship contest it means you give consent and permission to Ultimate Life Ltd. and any of its affiliates to use your name as well any photographs (if submitted), videos (if submitted), and written stories (to be referred to as the “essay” in whole or part) for promotional and advertising purposes to promote Ultimate Life, Ltd. and its affiliates and their businesses, dietary supplements, in any media channel and in any manner whatsoever (including, without limitation, print advertisements, catalogs and internet advertisements), without limitation or restriction, and without any compensation or reference to you the student, the photographer or videographer (if any) or anyone else affiliated with the student. Upon submission to Ulitmate Life LTD your essay materials will become the property of Ultimate Life Ltd. and submission of essay materials shall be considered to be a voluntary transfer to Ultimate Life Ltd. of all of the student’s right, title and interest (including, without limitation, copyright or any other propriety and common law rights) in an student’s essay materials. By submitting the essay, the student unconditionally and irrevocably waives any and all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Ultimate Life Ltd. or any of its affiliates. Ultimate Life Ltd. reserves the right to reject user essays for any reason. Ultimate Life Ltd. reserves the right edit or adjust essays for grammatical reasons, space considerations, or to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements. By submitting an essay to Ultimate Life Ltd, student confirms that he/she has read and understood the terms set forth herein and agrees to be bound by such terms and conditions.
Release: By submitting entry materials to Ultimate Life Ltd., the student unconditionally and irrevocably releases and discharges Ultimate Life Ltd. and its affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, advisors and independent contractors from any and all liability, losses, claims, damages, complaints, fees or expenses (including, without limitation, attorney’s fees, fees of other professionals, court costs and all investigative costs and expenses) incurred by student resulting, directly or indirectly, from sharing essays, or arising out of Ultimate Life Ltd.’s use of the student’s entry materials.